The Uniden SR30C, a 500-channel analog scanner, is the best analog scanner you can buy.
If your needs only require an analog scanner, this is the one to buy!
The SR30C is lightweight, portable and can take a bruising. Uniden's flagship analog scanner this bad-boy is will have you in analog scanning heaven.
I need an analog police scanner, why should I buy the SR30C?
The SR30C is the newest analog scanner on the market. It's perfect for NASCAR and racing, aviation, marine, railroad, and other analog frequencies.
Air, Rail & Race programming?
Each of these will count as '1 County'. So if you want to listen to Air and Rail you would buy '2 Counties' of programming and in the text area, type the name of the Airport and Rail you'd like to hear.
Will the SR30C go on sale anytime soon?
No, Uniden set a MAP floor pricing, so it will be the same price for the foreseeable future. You can sign up for our emails & we'll keep you posted.
Can I charge the batteries from the scanner when it is on?
No. You must power off the scanner to charge. We recommend an external battery charger and 2 sets of rechargeable AA batteries. Both can be added on this page. This way you can always have a fresh set of batteries. The batteries we sell last about 6-8 hours on a single charge. Energizer/Duracell last about 5 hours.
What do buyers say?
- The SR30C is analog only.
- The SR30C is a replacement for the BC75XLT, which has been discontinued.
- It has the same frequency coverage as the BC75XLT did.
- The SR30C has 500 channels as opposed to the BC75XLT's 300.
- The SR30C does not cover everything the BC125AT does. It appears the UHF Military Airbands are not included.
- Wrist Strap
- Belt Clip
- Serial Programming Cable
- Owner's Manual
Looking to deeeep dive?
We took the time to scour the internet for you.
- Download SR30C_SS Sentinel Software free. Not sure if you want to program on your own? Download Uniden's SR30C Sentinel software for free and test drive.
- Uniden SR30C Owner's Manual. This is the official Uniden SR30C Owner's Manual.
- Uniden SR30C Specs. Here is more in-depth information and specifications for the Uniden SR30C.
- Radio Reference is the largest police scanner radio forum with 850k+ users. There are several threads about the SR30C where you can read what other owners have to say about this scanner.
- Radio Reference wiki page for the SR30C.
We do not offer professional programing on this police scanner model.
We DO offer programming on these models which we highly recommend buying over this model.
Can I program this scanner myself?
We created programming videos to help you decided whether you can program on your own. If you going to program, we highly recommend watching videos and download the free software & programming BEFORE you buy. This will save you a lot of time and frustration. Maybe your programming needs are simple and this is not a big deal, maybe this is a huge program you can avoid.
How long does programming take?
It takes our scanner tech over an hour to program each scanner & this is ALL he does. For new & moderate scanner users we estimate 3-12 hours of programming. Setup time varies wildly based on scanner, area, scanner experience & general tech familiarity.
Programming is the #1 reason police scanners are returned and the root issue with 99.999% of any negative review you'll find.
While scanner programming is much easier than the days of crystal scanners, there is a learning curve like any other electronics purchase. While some scanner enthusiasts are highly technical and want to learn the ins and outs of programming, others want their scanner to just ‘work’ right out of the box.
Unless you’re familiar with scanners, scanner terminology, own a PC (Mac’s do not work), and want to learn the nuances of programming, we highly recommend buying a scanner that can be professionally programmed.
Scanner technology is fairly user-friendly, but scanners are not smartphones or iPads. If you're spending hundreds on a scanner, we recommend springing a few extra bucks so to get one that you're happy with long-term.
Can't you teach me programming with your lifetime technical support?
No. Lifetime technical support is not unlimited technical support. We are always here to help and love to do so. We made how to videos and can help point you in the right direction, but we will not teach programming.