I need a handheld digital police scanner, why should I buy the BCD325P2?
This scanner is great for lifelong scanner users who are VERY familiar with amateur radios. Unless you consider yourself an expert, we do not recommend buying this scanner as it is not user friendly.
Will the BCD325P2 go on sale anytime soon?
We don't know. Uniden does not disclose when they will be dropping prices and even when prices do drop, it is usually only $5 to $10. You can sign up for our emails & we'll keep you posted.
Can I charge the batteries from the scanner when it is on?
No. You must power off the scanner to charge. We recommend an external battery charger and 2 sets of rechargeable AA batteries; all of which can be added on this page. This way, you can always have a fresh set of batteries. The batteries we sell last about 8 hours on single charge; Energizer/Duracell last about 5 hours.
What do buyers say?
- Does not have WiFi or Bluetooth capabilities.
- You cannot use scanner while it is charging (6 hour single charge time) so 2 extra AA batteries may be helpful.
- An AC adapter is not included.
- No built in GPS (must buy GPS device).
- You can add frequencies manually.
- Sentinel software is not included. Free police scanner software is available (FreeScan).