The Uniden Bearcat BC125AT is Uniden's top-of-the-line handheld analog scanner. With 500 channels (10 banks & 50 channels per bank) the BC125AT provides 200 more channels of memory than the step down, the now phased out Uniden BC75XLT.
Lightweight, easy to use, compact & packed with features like alpha tagging, the BC125AT is a great scanner.
I need an analog police scanner, why should I buy the BC125AT?
The BC125AT is the top-of-the-line handheld analog scanner on the market and is perfect for NASCAR and racing. With 500 channels, this is recommended to those that will use multiple channels and aviation & rail fans.
Will the BC125AT go on sale anytime soon?
We don't know. Uniden does not disclose when they will be dropping prices and even when prices do drop, it is usually only $5 to $10. You can sign up for our emails & we'll keep you posted.
Can I charge the batteries from the scanner when it is on?
No. You must power off the scanner to charge. We recommend an external battery charger and 2 sets of rechargeable AA batteries; all of which can be added on this page. This way you can always have a fresh set of batteries. The batteries we sell last about 8 hours on a single charge; Energizer/Duracell last about 5 hours.
What do buyers say?
- Wrist Strap
- Belt Clip
- Serial Programming Cable
- Owner's Manual
Looking to deeeep dive?
We took the time to scour the internet for you.
- Radio Reference is the largest police scanner radio forum with over 850k users. There are several threads about the BC125AT where just about every question imaginable has been asked and answered by BC125AT owners.
- Download free BC125AT Software. While software is not included with this scanner, this is a free PC software program that you can download at no extra charge.
- Download this software for free, set up favorites lists, configure for your area & see if you're comfortable operating before you buy. If you buy, you'll have everything set up & ready to go.
- BC125AT Owner's Manual.
- There are Yahoo Groups for every police scanner radio including the BC125AT.
- Radio Reference has a wiki page for each scanner including the BC125AT.
- eHam has user reviews of the BC125AT.
- Our YouTube page has several professional and user created reviews of the BC125AT.
- Monitoring reviews has a videos and write up review of the BC125AT.
- Train Aficionado (a rail fan publication) has a review.
- Northeast Railfans (a rail fan blog) has a BC125AT review with a rail focus.
We do not offer professional programing on this police scanner model.
We DO offer programming on these models which we highly recommend buying over this model.
Can I program this scanner myself?
We created programming videos to help you decided whether you can program on your own. If you going to program, we highly recommend watching videos and download the free software & programming BEFORE you buy. This will save you a lot of time and frustration. Maybe your programming needs are simple and this is not a big deal, maybe this is a huge program you can avoid.
How long does programming take?
It takes our scanner tech over an hour to program each scanner & this is ALL he does. For new & moderate scanner users we estimate 3-12 hours of programming. Setup time varies wildly based on scanner, area, scanner experience & general tech familiarity.
Programming is the #1 reason police scanners are returned and the root issue with 99.999% of any negative review you'll find.
While scanner programming is much easier than the days of crystal scanners, there is a learning curve like any other electronics purchase. While some scanner enthusiasts are highly technical and want to learn the ins and outs of programming, others want their scanner to just ‘work’ right out of the box.
Unless you’re familiar with scanners, scanner terminology, own a PC (Mac’s do not work), and want to learn the nuances of programming, we highly recommend buying a scanner that can be professionally programmed.
Scanner technology is fairly user-friendly, but scanners are not smartphones or iPads. If you're spending hundreds on a scanner, we recommend springing a few extra bucks so to get one that you're happy with long-term.
Can't you teach me programming with your lifetime technical support?
No. Lifetime technical support is not unlimited technical support. We are always here to help and love to do so. We made how to videos and can help point you in the right direction, but we will not teach programming.